Saturday, July 17, 2010

The calm and my guys

Wow, this is 3 days in a row and 4 for the week! I am on a roll and really trying hard to be a better blogger. Here is the layout that I promised yesterday. I did this one for the 7.16 Roadmap to Scrap challenge at ScrapMatters. I love that I pulled out an old favorite photo and ended up doing something with it because of this challenge. Credits:
Gone Fishing from Creations by Rachael
Whispers: Nature, Embossed Frames, Foam Stamp Alpha(recolored) by Sahlin Studios
Get Real (shadows) by Jennifer Barette Designs
Extinct Alpha by WM[squared] Designs

I have always loved this picture and I am guessing you can see why. It's just so dramatic looking. My goal was to keep the layout pretty simple and kind of rustic looking. I think I managed it.

I also have made a layout with the photo of my boys from the header. I sooo love this picture, and had to do something with it so I ran a photo action on it and then used the vintage layer only for my large blend. Over top of that is a very softly blended text layer that consists of the date repeated tons of times. (erased from over their faces)Credits:
Sunday Afternoon Collab from Designs by Sarah Bennett and Trixie Scraps Designs
Spicy Meatballs Templates collab from Connie Prince and Bella Gypsy
Get Real: realistic drop shadows by Jennifer Barrette Designs
CoffeeShop B&W Classic and Bittersweet Vintage photo action

Well, that is all for today. I'll *hopefully* be back with more on Monday!

1 comment:

helloholley said...

OMGosh!!! These are both stunning and for different reasons!!! The photo on the rustic one is absolutely beautiful and the pic of your guys is adorable!!! Your are very talented!!! ;)