Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Anyone for a game of checkers?


I have some news! I made it onto the DSO Creative Team! I am so very excited about that. I got my first kit today and already have one project completed to share with you all. Is anyone up for a game of checkers? If so have a fun one for you. The first kit that I chose to work with is My Little Monkey by LPand3dogs Designs. This is such a darling kit. The monkeys are just adorable, the papers are all very fun.

I made up the checkerboard in PSE and printed it out. Then I adhered it to some chipboard and covered it with clear contact paper to make it more kid friendly. For the checker pieces I used the kit's 2 flairs and created backs on my own to match. I used the PSE default crown shape so they had their king's... as easy as a flip of the chip. They were all punched out using a 1 inch circle paper punch and run through my mini xyron so I could easily put them together. These were also mounted to punched out chipboard circles to make them more sturdy. I added an envelope to the back of the board to hold all of the pieces when they are not playing with the game. The boys have been having fun playing it on this nice and rainy afternoon.

I have so many more ideas for ways to use this kit so I am sure that you will be seeing more of it in the future.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Amanda, I just love your checker game! It is too cute! Thanks for using my kit!