Friday, July 31, 2009

2 in a row!

I'm back again. Be sure to stop on over at the Dream Team blog and check out the desktop wallpaper that I made for August.

I also have more of those layouts to share today. I think that for today it will be one of Dehlia and one of Colin. We were all sitting at the table eating ice cream the one evening and I just had to run and grab the camera. I got some cute shots of D with a messy ice cream face and used them to make this layout. I had a ball making the D to go on the paper. It is the letter D of a font called VTKS Deja Vu. I made it HUGE, put a bevel on it and then created 3 layers underneath it to "color" it in with the airbrush feature at a low opacity. I was really pleased with how it turned out so I will probably do it again in the future. Credits: Sweet Summertime - S. Neparko of Desert Designs, Fonts - Lizzielongstocking and VTKS Deja Vu

I also did a layout of Colin. In a weeks time he lost all four front top teeth. It left him with a big time gap. So of course I had to get pictures. There was also a quote challenge for July at DSO about toothless grins... Could it possibly have been more perfect? I played around with this one last night and this is what I came up with. All of the smaller type behind the quote is actually just more of the quote, repeated many times and occasionally in red. I have seen that done on other layouts and really liked it so I decided to give it a try. Credits: fonts used : Alder, Courier New and Impact, alphabeads - alphabeads by Ziggle Designs, twill tag - Gunhild Storeide, word art by me, everything else - Apple Delight by Sweet Blossom Designs

No comments: