Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Been busy - step journal

Sorry for the delay between posts. I have been pretty busy making things. A couple I can't share until after the holidays, and the rest I will share over a period of the next few days. Today I will share a project that I have had in mind for a while, and decided how I wanted to do it just recently.If you have followed my blog for a while you may have noticed that down near the bottom of the gadget bar I have a walker tracker widget. I wear a pedometer pretty much every day and try to get in the recommended 10k steps a day. I got lazy about recording it, and have made it one of my new years resolutions to keep better track. To assist me with that I grabbed a weekly planner at the dollar store and decorated it. I used Wendy's Life is a Marathon word art pack that she made up to celebrate her Mom's first Marathon. I also used the paper pack that Jen Davey made up to go with the word art pack. I added the word steps to the 10k element for the cover. It says "at least 10K STEPS a day IS THE GOAL". Then I made up stickers using the 5, 8, 10, 15 and 20k elements. (If I start walking closer to the next amount I will print them out as well) I plan to use the stickers each day below the day of the week and date to mark at a glance which of those amounts I hit on that day. It will leave the lines to the side so I can put in exact numbers and journal some about what I did that day and how I felt.

So I am hoping that this will help encourage me to keep walking and pushing for better totals. Does anyone want to be a walking buddy?

1 comment:

senovia said...

Awesome idea! And very useful! Good luck with your goals!