Friday, April 12, 2013

And now my first FO Friday!


Well,  On Wednesday I posted my first ever WIP Wed so now I have my first FO (Finished Object) Friday!  I managed to get a couple things done this last week.  First up is my first ever amigurumi.  The guy I picked to start out with was probably not one of the best for a first one... those antennae sure made closing him up even more awkward!  My Zoink is made out of scraps, and even partially filled with scraps to go along with the freshstitches scrap-a-long that is going on right now.  I am quite pleased with how he turned out and am trying to decide what I want to make next.


The other finished object that I have for this week is a sleep mask that I made for myself.  I tend to sleep much better with one so when the other half gets up to go to the bathroom the light from the other rooms don't wake me up.  I used the Owl Eye Mask pattern and modified the colors a bit.  Actually the pattern itself was pretty vague so a lot of it was my interpretations based on the picture.  Rather than an around the head strap I made loops to hook over my ears, and the other major difference was that I made a cute little heart for the nose rather than a triangle like the photo.  It works very well and I just love the colors/cuteness of it.


I think that wraps me up for today.  To check out other FO Fridays around the web be sure to stop in at Tami's Amis.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Zoink is great..I am always looking for projects for my bits of left overs...I hope the eyemask works for you...If hubby wakes me up..I usually can't get back to sleep!