Wednesday, June 10, 2009

teacher gifts

Well, the end of the school year has come. I have one that is tickled to death that it is summer break, and the other is so bummed that you would think it was the end of the world!
Here is what the boys took to school today for their teachers. You can read Bryce's pretty well there. For Colin's I used a font called Penmanship Print that I thought was perfect for a Kindergartner. His is a poem that says...
When I first started Kindergarten
I couldn't have felt smaller
But I've been growing, growing-
And not just growing taller!
I've learned to write my name;
I've learned my numbers too.
And there are many other things
That I have learned to do.
Kindergarten is over now
But I am not afraid,
Because of the great foundation
to me that you gave.
~author unknown
Both boys then used my Wacom tablet to sign their own names to it. (That only took about 20 min each to get one that looked halfway decent! Finally I had them put each letter of their name on a different layer and moved them together afterwards. Otherwise we might still be working on it!)
The boys said that both teachers really liked them, and the one even had note cards with her at school and wrote him a thank you note.